One way I stay in touch with the foundations of business is by picking up a good book and reading about how the greatest make it happen. (Yes, that means sometimes reading the books again).
Every great Entrepreneur has their trials and tribulations. Many of the greatest set out to do something that will change the way we look at things, and sometimes we are lucky enough to see just how they made it happen. The following list of books are just a select few that I believe should be read by each and every person passionate about Business, and ESPECIALLY by those in Executive Roles (or wish to be in one).
- “Good To Great” – Jim Collins
- “Great By Choice” – Jim Collins & Marten T. Hansen
- “Winning” – Jack Welch (Former CEO of GE)
- “First, Best, or Different: What Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know About Niche Marketing” – John Bradley Jackson (Director of Entrepreneurship CSUF)
- “Delivering Happiness” – Tony Hsieh (CEO, Zappos)